feedspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/woodturning_216px.png

Saturday 31 March 2012

Update 31 03 2012

Due to a collection of things I have neglected to update my Blog recently.I have been busy Demonstrating and teaching as well as having a very much loved brother in law pass away.To make life harder I have had two colds one after another,sinusitis and a chest infection.Hopefully I will now get back on track.Tomorrow am visiting a Man and his wife who want me to make a set of Somerset skittles to send to their son in China who is getting married in a couple of months time.They want his present to be a little bit of Somerset so I am looking forward to making them it should be quite an interesting project.On Tuesday two ladies are coming to me for a days tuition and a gentleman from a club I demonstrated in recently is coming for tuition on Friday and Saturday.I also have an order to make some Bud vases and a coloured bowl.I have also been talking to my Ceramics maker friend Wendy Wendy's work and we will be getting together soon to work on some ideas for combining wood and ceramics I am looking forward to that as it will hopefully give us some opportunities to explore new works.In May hopefully I will be going to the V&A Museum in London with a small group from Somerset Art Works that will be inspiring I am sure.Somerset Art Works

1 comment:

  1. Hi George

    Hope to are back down the road to recovery, if you worked harder you wouldn't have time to feel sorry for yourself. :-)

    It would be good if you could work with ceramics as it would open up a new direction for you. You could even get rid of one of the five lathes you have and replace it with a kiln. :-)

    ReplyDelete