feedspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/woodturning_216px.png

Friday 29 July 2016

Two days with Keith

Keith's wife Becky treated him to two days Bowl turning tuition yesterday and today.
I have been very busy for weeks now creating a new gallery and teaching so I was very tired and not looking forward to two days teaching but I need not have worried as Keith was great company and easy to teach.
The first day Keith turned a lovely Spalted Beech bowl and the second day he wanted to be more ambitious and turn a natural edge bowl.
With lots of care and me watching over him like a hawk Keith turned a beautiful Cherry natural edged bowl.
Very well done Keith I look forward to seeing you soon and you joining our Woodturning club.





2 comments:

  1. Hi George,



    I wanted to thank you for a very enjoyable two days spent with you this week.




    You and Sue made me felt at home as soon as I arrived and set to work on a project for the day.




    It was obvious from the moment we entered you workshop that I was in the presence of a master craftsman and the valuable tuition and the benefit of your experience will stand me in good stead as I embark on my new-found hobby.




    Your enthusiasm and passion for your craft shines through every kind word of advice that you give and I cannot recommend your course highly enough.




    I can only hope that one day I will be able to turn wood with the technique, skill and attention to detail that you would approve of. As we discussed, if it was easy, it wouldn't be worth doing. Practice makes perfect but even a novice like me came away with a spotted Beech bowl that anyone would be proud of.




    When I have my own workshop ready I will be back in touch and I look forward to booking another day with you so that I can keep learning this rewarding and absorbing craft.




    Thanks again George (and thanks Sue for the supply of coffee and sandwiches) and see you at your next BoS WTC open day.




    Many thanks and best regards,




    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Keith I enjoyed the last two days as I am sure you did and you took to turning like a duck to water very well done I look forward to you getting your own equipment as I feel confident you will make a good turner

    Regards George

    ReplyDelete