feedspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/woodturning_216px.png

Saturday 8 October 2016

Yesterday's Student John

John has been turning for a while on an old lathe he was given by a friend but it only had a swing of 6 inches over the bed so he has been restricted to spindle turning and very small Bowls.
John wants to do some bigger Bowl turning so he came here for a days tuition before maybe investing in a larger Lathe. I think I have convinced him to buy an Axminster Hobby Lathe with variable speed as the 12 inch swing over the bed will make a big difference to Johns capability.
If john does upgrade as I think he should, he will make a very good Bowl turner
This a very nice Beech Bowl John turned yesterday
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, thank you again for a superb day last Friday. Absolutely blown away with your practical skills and the way you undertook to improve my turning skills. As I mentioned, your skill is in NOT teaching but helping your students to learn -a rare gift and you do it so well. I took lots of useful information away with me so now the rest is up to me. I do hope i can get the opportunity to have another day sometime; you're great fella with a great talent.

    ReplyDelete