feedspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/woodturning_216px.png

Wednesday 11 January 2017

Todays Student Peter

I met  Peter my Student late last year at an Art fair I was attending and he obviously fancied having a go at woodturning .
He is unsure whether he should take up turning as a hobby but I think he should as he took to it very quickly .
Peter turned a very respectable Beech bowl that is a present for his Wife Jackie I am sure she will be very pleased with it.
Very well done Peter I look forward to seeing you some time in the future.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi George,

    Firstly I must thank both you and your wife for making me so welcome to your home and for providing a lovely luncheon and copious cups of coffee.

    I have to admit that initially I was a little hesitant in getting to grips with handling the gouge. However, your patience, watchful eye and guiding hand enabled me to make what I felt was a reasonable start. (It was over 50 years ago that I last did any woodturning!) The afternoon session progressed well and I felt much more at ease with the tool handling. Not so many ‘white knuckle’ moments! With a more relaxed hold things progressed well. With the final process of sanding completed and the application of a sealer finish I had made (with assistance at critical points) a unique memento of the day.

    I now have a lot to think about and have quite a few decisions to make. Selling my motorbike to make some space being the most difficult for me. Before I jump in with both feet I will take some more of your professional advice so that I don’t end up with unsuitable equipment. It’s all down to me now.

    Thank you again George for your patience and skill at imparting some knowledge into my brain.

    Kind regards

    Peter Roper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Pete.
    Thank you for you very nice review it is very much appreciated. You were very easy to teach and good company.
    I hope you take up wood turning as I am sure you would make a very good turner.
    I look forward to seeing you some time in the future.

    Regards George

    ReplyDelete