feedspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/woodturning_216px.png

Friday 19 January 2018

Chris and Alison

Today my Students were Husband and Wife Chris and Alison.
Alison bought a days Woodturning Tuition for herself and Chris as a Christmas present with a view to possibly taking up Woodturning as a hobby.
Chris and Alison were given two lovely Sycamore Blanks to turn Bowls from and for no particular reason Alison ended up with the most difficult to turn due to a very big Knot and a bark inclusion.
They both turned very nice Bowls as you can see from the pic below.

They were both great company and a pleasure to be with.

I wanted to add some colour and texture to Chris's Bowl but he would not let me and grudgingly I have to agree it looked good without it.I don't always get my own way LOL
I did manage to get away with putting a couple of grooves on the rim.

This pic shows the texture and colour I wanted to do but the customer is always right LOL

 Alison's Bowl was not easy to turn but she stuck with it and had a great result
Very well done both of you.


1 comment:

  1. Hi George
    We wanted to say thank you for a lovely day. Your patient teaching helped us to produce two lovely bowls that we are very proud of. You are obviously very knowledgeable and passionate and enjoy sharing your woodturning skills.We thoroughly enjoyed our day with you and Sue- including our lunch and look forward to seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete