One to one courses are £140 00 per day and include lunch,tea's and coffee.
Or why not get together with a friend and have a two to one course for £220 00 that is £110 each great value inc lunch tea's and coffee.
These courses are ideal for novices to learn basic tooling or the more advanced turner to improve their skills.
Courses and tuition 2014
George runs courses from his well equipped workshop in Burnham-
On- Sea, Somerset.
Each course is specific to the students needs, enabling each to obtain the required skills to take away and progress within the craft of woodturning.
Courses while being tailored keep emphasis on the correct use of tools and techniques with this remaining the core foundation of the day.
Whether you are starting out on your first step in woodturning or would like to delve into hollow forms, turning from green wood through to the finished item, or learn texturing, embellishment by adding colour to your work each course can be tailored to suit your individual needs.
Courses for one or two students arranged on request.
Refreshments, lunch, turning smock, safety equipment and all materials are included for use during the course.
Please contact George on 01278 782074 or Email email@example.com
Finishing, texturing and coloring days
Following on from our popular Finishing ,texturing and coloring courses of previous years
The courses will introduce turners to the many possibilities that Texturing ,finishing and coloring has to offer.
If you wish to be included please ring 01278 782074 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Texturing to include
Texturing and spiraling
And various other systems.
Finishing and colouring.
Finishing inc Finish selection.
Natural wood finishing inc oils and wax's.
Spirit stains and Staining techniques.
Liming and Guilt treatments.
Exploring the creative possibilities of the Jo Sonja range
Two day Hollow Form Masterclass's.
Selecting unseasoned and seasoned wood for hollowing
- Wood orientation for different forms
- The tools needed for both work holding and hollowing with most of the main hollowing tools on the market available for using during the course, or you can bring your own.Hollowing process taking into account direction of grain and wood type considering which tools are most suitable.
Natural edge and thin walled course.
Coursework will include.
- Safety considerations when turning natural edge projects
- The selection of wood for end grain and cross grain projects.
- Workholding and wood technology for seasoning to achieve the best results.
- Selection of tools and benefits of for the projects.
- Safe finishing methods.
- Selecting and applying appropriate finishes
A couple of pics from last years courses